Sunday, June 24, 2012

What we were hoping wouldn't happen!

When I was getting ready for church I noticed I had some brown discharged! I did have it earlier from the previous week but it had stopped! At that time I wasn’t scared because I found online that as long as it’s not red I’m fine. Unfortunate this time felt different! I had the feeling that was going to miscarry! We went to church. Unfortunately I had a hard time focusing. I was scared and frustrated! While I was there I saw some pink discharge! That just made thing even worst!
Once church was over I came home and had really bad headache. So I decided to take a nap in hopes that my headache would go away! When I woke up and went to the bathroom and notice I started bleeding (spotting). I came downstairs and ask Dustin what I should do! I remembered even though it was a weekend I could still call my doctor's office and they could have the on call doctor call me back!  I called the office number and they told me they would call the on call doctor which happens to be my doctor! I called me back! I told him what was going on! He told me I had 50% that something is wrong and that I might miscarry or 50% that I'm completely fine and nothing is wrong! And he wanted me to call his office at 9:00 am, so I could come in and get an ultrasound done! I also let me know if I have any tissue fall out to save so they can see if I did miscarry! We were already planning to go out to SLC Wednesday-Saturday afternoon cause Dustin took some vacation time! But our original plan was to go to Mesquite where my grandpa lives but we didn't have enough money so we decided to go to SLC instead. Also we also had Lagoon season passes! So decided it would be okay to start our vacation 2 days sooner!
I called my mom and told her what had happen. Also told her that I had feeling that something was going to go wrong and that I had research miscarriages when I was pregnant with Bentley! And that they say you can prevent it and it usually happen because something went wrong with the development of the baby and they body stops the development of the baby! I informed her that if this turns out to be a miscarriage we would just try again! She thought I was awesome and that I handle things so well! I also told her that as long as I know what the worst came happen then I’m fine and can handle anything!
When Monday came we decided to head to SLC an hour before my doctor's office opened! Just so I could get in by the time I got there! When I called they were busy and wanted me to leave a message on my doctor's nurse's voicemail! It took her about an hour to finally call me back! She told me that my doctor wanted me to get an ultrasound done to see how baby was doing! So she schedules an ultrasound to be done at 3pm at LDS Hospital!
It was almost 11am. So to kill time we took the boys to Wendy's for lunch and then took them to the children's room at the Salt Lake Library! They had fun but Hunter kept bugging random kids! lol They told me before I go for my ultrasound to have a full bladder and not to pee after 2pm! But by the time I got to the hospital I thought I was going to pee my pants! lol I just went to the bathroom anyway even though it was after 2pm! lol
After I got registered and checked in I had to pee again! lol When I finally got to go back and get my ultrasound done, the ultrasound tech had a hard time finding the baby because my uterus wasn't positioned right! And she noticed my bladder was very full! We told her that I had just peed right before we check in! She told me I should give tips to the patients who need ultrasounds done about have a full bladder! lol After she had me go the bathroom and have the other tech come and do the ultrasound inside rather than on the outside! When I went to the bathroom something came out! I thought it might be some tissue and they gave me a cup to put it in and give it to the doctor!
The 2nd tech started doing the ultrasound again and said she'll hurry and do what she needs to do and then shows us the baby! But by the way she looked, it didn't seem thing were normal! She ended up not showing us the baby! When she was done she went and talk to the person that reads the ultrasound pictures! We knew something wasn’t right! When she finally came back she told me that my doctor wanted to talk to me before I left the hospital! We couldn't get a hold of him because he was doing a delivery! So I talked to the nurse! She told me that if I was positive about my LMP because the baby was measuring at 5 weeks and the baby was too small to find the heart beat and that the doctor wanted me to repeat the ultrasound in 10 days to see if they baby is growing and hopefully they could see the heart beat!
We left and my mom call and I told her what happen! And that I was on my way to the doctor's office to give them the thing that fell out! The nurse told me that the doctor was going to be out of the office until Thursday and that it won't last that long! She told me if it looks like liver then it’s a blood clot (which it was) or if it looks like hamburger then in it was tissue! Then I asked her straight up if I am really miscarrying (because I was 100% sure on my LMP and that it sounded like the baby had just stopped growing at 5 weeks) she didn't know for sure because there was a change that this can turn around and be a viable pregnancy! But I knew deep down that it wasn't going to turn out the way I wanted! So we just decided to wait it out until I miscarried and then we can move on and try again!
 At that this point I just wanted to go home and hibernate! But we already had plans for Wednesday to go to Lagoon with Dustin's sister and nieces for Hunter's birthday and I didn't want to do that to him!

No comments:

Post a Comment